Native American Community Services has been providing services to the Elders since 1992. The Elders Program mission is to enhance and provide services that will enable elders to live a more productive, healthy lifestyle and ensure basic needs are met.
- Social Activities
- Personal Assistance- Limited
- Healthier Lifestyle Strategies-Limited
WOULD I BE ELIGIBLE FOR SERVICES?
You are eligible for Elders Services if you are:
- Native Indian Elders residing off-territory in Erie and Niagara Counties
- Over the age of 60. Although we welcome Elders 50 years and older for Social Events
ERIE COUNTY SERVICES:
Well-balanced nutritional luncheons are held the first and third
Mondays in Erie county except on holiday Mondays. They may include guest speakers on a variety of topics as well as door prizes and bingo. The time is 11:30am-2:30pm.
Elders Services also provides social activities, such as Native craft groups, fund raising events, movies and field trips which are planned according to the interests of participating Elders.
NIAGARA COUNTY SERVICES:
A luncheon is held every Tuesday at 11:30am in Niagara County at the John A. Duke Senior Center located at 1201 Hyde Park Boulevard.
Our latest elders program will be a Luncheon on the 4th Monday of each month in our Lockport office. Beginning November 2017 at 11:30am. The address is 76 West Ave. Native Craft Group is held after each luncheon until 2:30pm
- To provide Elder witht the opportunity for regular, culturally relavent, social, and recreational congregate activites.
- For Native American Elders to become better aware of services and benefits available to them, as assisting elders with access to these services.
If you would like more information about the Elders Program
Please contact the Elders Manager at 874-2797 ext 316
Agency hours are 8:30am-5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Call Elder Manager to make appointment for assistance.